panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Mar 13 21:48:48 UTC 2006

I get the above panic after nfs clients attach to this nfs server and
being read/write ops on it after an unclean shutdown.  I've fsck'ed the
fs, and it marks it as clean, but I get this every time.  It's an NFS
share of a GEOM stripe (about 2TB).

mode = 0100600, inum = 58456203, fs = /mnt
panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

I do have dumps from two crashes so far.

This is FreeBSD-6.1-PRERELEASE from Friday-ish.

What should I do with these vmcores?

(please cc/to me since I am not on -stable list)

Thanks!
Eric