/usr/local/etc/rc.d script problem

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos miguel at anjos.strangled.net
Mon Mar 13 15:13:51 UTC 2006

> From: victoria <viktorija at oic.lv>
> Subject: /usr/local/etc/rc.d script problem
>
> Hi to everyone!
>
> Seems i got a small problem with my startup scripts. I have record
> in /etc/rc.conf: local_startup="/usr/local/etc/rc.d"

You shouldn't need that option, since the default value in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf already includes that directory.
Unless there is another reason...

> And a few scripts in this directory. Normal configuration. On all
> servers it works great except one. I don't know where is a problem is,
> because it is identical configuration. But seems system is ignoring
> these scripts. It doesn't start any script from this directory.
> Maybe someone can give me an advice where is a problem is?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Victoria

The information you're giving is perhaps not enough.
Are you sure you have *_enable="YES" in rc.conf for each script you want
to run?
Check rc.conf, rc.conf.local and the scripts, and if you're unable to find
out what's wrong, post them. It may also be useful if you tell us what
version of FreeBSD are you running.

Miguel