big trouble with /usr/ports/textproc/wv

Peter Guhl pgnews at netzwerkcenter.ch
Thu Mar 9 14:46:26 UTC 2006

Hi again

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:11 +0100, Peter Guhl wrote:

> /usr/ports/textproc/wv, part of the dependencies, fails:
> configure: error: * * * unable to find libwmf-config; unable to continue
> * * *
>
> libwmf is installed. libwmf-config is in /usr/local/bin.

I installed the package now leaving the port alone. At ftp.freebsd.org I
got wv-1.0.0_4.tbz while the port wants to install wv-1.0.0_5 - a newer
one. I wonder what I get from this... but it seems to continue compiling
the other stuff now.

For me it looks kind of strange that the port installs a newer version
than the newest (?) package available. It's even more funny if just that
port fails to compile... but I can hardly believe I really got a broken
port this time and not just another stupid error of mine.

Do you all know something I don't know? I did not yet read "UPDATING"
since I do only installing, not updating.

Regards
   Peter