: HEADSUP: new ath and hal - almost unusable?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Mar 9 08:24:33 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 01:19, Sam Leffler wrote:

> > Even if it does not help either, I change to boot releng_5 and the card
> > works fine and stable on the exactly same hardware
>
> I'll have to see if I can reproduce this; never seen it.  It is very
> strange that there are no beacon frames and no traffic is being rx'd or
> tx'd.  This would seem to indicate interrupts have totally stopped
> (athdebug intr should show interrupts at least for the periodic events).
>   There should be some activitiy and/or error counters should show some
> problem.  At the very least tx traffic should either fill up the
> available hardware tx descriptors (in which case ifconfig would show the
> interface marked OACTIVE) or you should get errors.

I will try again analising on the AP and on a client and try to get it logged
can you suggest a tool or method to get what you need?

> Presumably you've tried different cards and/or hosts?  Does this happen
> on all your ap's or just one?

Was my first thought and changed the hardware completly but the powercord ...
I should get some other ath cards this days but what should be wrong if it
works on 5.4?
I have only one 6.0 in test since there were some bridge issues what stopped
me upgrading any. The same hardware runs fine on all 5.4 so the problem I get
is only on 6.0 or releng_6

João