: HEADSUP: new ath and hal - almost unusable?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Wed Mar 8 09:28:05 UTC 2006

Hi

the atheros cards are stopping communication after some time
before I got still device timeouts in messages but the lates version on
releng_6 from yesterday simply stops

I can not say much about client or adhoc mode because I have only freebsd
hostap APs running atheros cards a/b/g (Dlink AG530)

so my client ATHs are stoping as well but since the transfer stopps also with
other cards as client I guess first thing to look is the hostap

the funny thing is it stops only when having clients associated
when the AP is up for any time and I associate a client it stops after a
certain period between 10-30 minutes

I can get it back by ifconfig ath0 down, some seconds, ifconfig ath0 up

this happens in any mode, any speed and on 11b and 11g, I still did not
checked 11a

no output with the card in debug mode

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xe1800000-0xe180ffff irq 12 at device 10.0 on pci0
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:11:95:c2:2a:70
ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6

on the other side, all ifconfig commands are accepted fine including wep and
the card works with extremly good performance as long it is up

wi cards work fine and stable on the same machine, even as second card when
and while the ath is lost

João