Freezes in wireless bridge

Paulo Fragoso paulo at nlink.com.br
Sat Mar 4 10:39:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have two bridges running FreeBSD 6.1-BETA1 and we have a lot of
freezes in a week, it's happening when trafic is high, but it has ever
happened when we was changing dev.ath.0.acktimeout.

There aren't dumps, all CPU is freezed, state of leds in kayboard
doesn't change, only leds of wireless card (D-Link G520) are blinking.
Some times is printed on console DMA erros of ad0 before system to freeze.

We have already tried to disable ATA DMA (hw.ata.ata_dma=0,
hw.ata.atapi_dma=0, hw.ata.wc=0), but system freezes yet.

This bridge is runnig on motherboard MSI VIAK8M with 03 Atheros board
(D-Link G520), but this problem happens using other motherboards and CPUs.

Is there anyway to force dumps?

Is there any watchdog hardware for FreeBSD 6.X?

All sounds like when we were using FreeBSD 2.x + SCSI + ATI S3 Virge,
the problem was XFree86.

Paulo Fragoso.