opinion on which software RAID to use

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Mar 2 20:35:19 UTC 2006

Hi, all!

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:30:03PM +0100, Rink Springer wrote:

> I've had very good results with gmirror. It's very easy to set up,
> performance is good (didn't really benchmark it though) and recovering
> faulty drives is easy to do. Never had a problem with it ...

Seconded. Go, read Ralf Engelschall's great instructions on
how to setup a gmirror system drive:

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200502/diskmirror.html

IMHO this should be put somewhere more prominent.
It could easily replace this section in the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100