LSI Megaraid (amr) performance woes

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Mar 1 20:09:17 UTC 2006

At 02:10 PM 01/03/2006, Sven Willenberger wrote:

>I cvsupped a 6.1 prerelease and found no performance improvements. I did
>some further tests and the performance issues seem very specific to the
>mirroring aspect of the raid:

I am not familiar with the LSI cards, but with older 3ware and the
ARECA cards, the raid sets when in any sort of redundancy mode must
initialize in the background before normal use.  Until that is
complete, performance is seriously slow.  Is the LSI doing that, and
perhaps just not telling you ?

         ---Mike