6.1-R ? 6-Stable ? 5.5-R ?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jun 29 17:59:30 UTC 2006

Kostik Belousov writes:

> This seems to be a different issue. BTW, I have already heard complaints
> about deadlocks caused by combination of nfsd and snapshots.

I think you can add: nfsd + background fsck too.

> Probably, I will look into this, but cannot give you estimations when.

Thank!!

> For now, you could turn off background fsck.

We did.. and it was horrible.. It seems mysql was crashing the machine so we
had 4 reboots in about 5 days. Since we had to give up on background fsck,
that meant 2 hours every time the machine rebooted (the machine in question
has 10+ million files in the volume which takes the 2 hours to fsck).