em device hangs on ifconfig alias ...

User Freebsd freebsd at hub.org
Thu Jun 29 11:32:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-Jun-29 17:30:07 +1000, Michael Vince wrote:
>> For me its IP alias additions take 1 or maybe 2secs, but it is
>> noticeable, but really isn't an issue for me.
>
> But it obviously is for Atanas, who has 100's of aliases.

In my case, it isn't 100's, but the problem is noticeable ... I have my
start up scripts, right now, do the ifconfig, sleep for 45 seconds, and
then start up the jail ... and even then, apache doesn't *always* start
up, since sometimes that isn't long enough for the network to come back up
for DNS to be reachable :(

----