Deadlocks (Was: Re: vmstat 'b' (disk busy?) field keeps climbing ...)

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Jun 28 21:57:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> Core dumps are somewhat unconvenient in this situation. Better,
> sending report to me, follow my advise in
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-deadlocks.html

'k, I'm working on getting a serial console working on one of the 3
servers that I'm getting these 'deadlocks' on ... I've upgraded the OS to
the latest -STABLE (so that I'm not wasting ppls time on a bug that might
already be fixed), and adding in the various options as detailed in the
handbook URL above ...

First question, what should I expect?  A bunch of messages to the console?
A slow as a dog server (ie. the INVARIANTS stuff)?  or nothing until the
deadlock actually occurs?

thx ...

----