FreeBSD 6.x CVSUP today crashes with zero load ...

M.Hirsch M.Hirsch at hirsch.it
Mon Jun 26 22:28:41 UTC 2006

Ok, sorry. Misunderstanding here.
My point was, along what has been posted here in this thread:
"An ECC error should raise a kernel panic immediately, not only a
message in the log files."
Any hardware showing ECC errors should be replaced asap..
Make them lazy admins do what they're getting paid for...

Correct, you can't (quickly) detect this without ECC hardware, of course.
But I keep reading about "ECC" being the solution to broken RAM sticks...

Since FreeBSD panics on creating simple malloc() vnodes, it should do so
on ECC errors first.
Different mission, I guess ;)
(And different problems with the recent fricking code...)

M.