kernel can't find root filesystem

M.Hirsch M.Hirsch at gmx.de
Mon Jun 26 21:32:04 UTC 2006

Sorry, doesn't help.

There is some kind of bug hiding somewhere in 6.1 where it does not
auto-detect the root partition under certain circumstances. Can't tell
when it worked last, as the last distro I consider "stable" was 4.X...
(sorry for the rant...)

I am not using (and don't want to use...) boot0 at all.
Well, I tried, but it didn't help the situation anyways...

It should work with the standard MBR and boot code ("/boot/mbr" and
"/boot/boot"), right?
i.e. fdisk -B and bsdlabel -B without further params should do the job
to get the system bootstrapped.
But it does not.

M.