vmstat 'b' (disk busy?) field keeps climbing ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Jun 26 20:14:04 UTC 2006

I think I might have found *at least* one of the problems, and that being
the excessively high blocked states while ps isn't finding anything ...

MySQL

We just recently started allowing clients to run a MySQL server *within*
their vServer ... in a drastic move, I just shut them all down on pluto,
and blocked drop'd from ~86 down to 5 in a matter of moments ...
restarting them all has it climbing once more, being up around 22 already

I'm going to go with that theory for now, and keep an eye on things ...

Just curious as to why, even with -H, its not showing any blocked states
within ps though ... ?

Thx

----