RELENG_6_1 unstable also ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jun 25 03:25:30 UTC 2006

As an appendum, the kernel that so far *appears* to work properly (about
to re-start yet another buildworld on it) is from an April CD I burnt:

FreeBSD jupiter.hub.org 6.1-RC1 FreeBSD 6.1-RC1 #0: Mon Apr 10 17:03:22 UTC 2006     root at opus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  i386

My kernel config looks like:

----
machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           kernel

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         SMP

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big directories
options         NFSCLIENT               # Network Filesystem Client
options         NFSSERVER               # Network Filesystem Server

options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support

options         SYSVSHM
options         SHMMAXPGS=199608
options         SHMMAX=(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)

options         SYSVSEM
options         SEMMNI=4096
options         SEMMNS=8192

options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues

options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev

options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

device          apic                    # I/O APIC
device          pci

device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

device          iir             # Intel Integrated RAID

device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          kbdmux          # keyboard multiplexer

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

device          sc

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)

device          loop            # Network loopback
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)

device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE

----