vmstat 'b' (disk busy?) field keeps climbing ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat Jun 24 02:02:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:02:22PM -0300 I heard the voice of
> Marc G. Fournier, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> Which is odd, no, if I'm hardly swapping?
>
> Well,

> It's the vnode pager, not the swap pager.  AIUI, that's mostly paging
> in and out pages of running binaries (from the image on disk), not
> moving stuff in and out of swapspace.

ah, okay ...

I've been talking with the on-site tech, and there are more issues then
just what I'm seeing with vmstat ... the fact that one of the CPUs died
yesterday being one of them :(  Just bothers me that its been running 4.x
for 3 years now, no problems and as soon as I upgrade it to 6.x, all the
headaches start :(

----