Question about current rc scripts

M.Hirsch M.Hirsch at gmx.de
Tue Jun 20 16:38:07 UTC 2006

I have investigated a bit more.

Setting the variables can't work. As far as I can see, rc.conf is
sourced from rc.subr. And every single script in /etc/rc.d/ sources
rc.subr, so they reload the rc.conf file for each call.
The "rc" scripts are being executed in a sub-shell though. So
overwriting variables in any of them will have no effect on the
following files. It does work for /usr/local/etc/rc.d though, but I
really need it to execute before anything else.

I made it work by overwriting rc.diskless (again). Stupid /me,
rc.diskless does not follow the syntax for rc scripts. It's just a
"normal" shell script :)

Anyways, I would still be interested in the "correct" way to do it.

M.