save-entropy

Scott, Brian Brian.Scott at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 02:15:54 UTC 2006

Olivier,

That process is meant to be there. I don't know why it has the '--' argument but it isn't likely to be a symptom of the problem you are having.

Try
	sh -x /usr/libexec/save-entropy

To get more insight into when it is failing. This will show you surrounding commands which will give you a better chance of working out what is failing in the script.

At least 20% of my students run into this sort of problem when I have them configure FreeBSD systems. While normally its their rc.conf file that gets messed up, in your case it apparently isn't so I suppose I'm still suggesting ways of finding out what file/line has the problem.

Good luck,

Brian