Powerd: Adaptive mode causing a hard hang

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 17 21:33:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-Jun-17 08:43:07 -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
>I noticed a problem where my system would hard hang when powerd was
>enabled with no changes to the powerd flags in rc.conf.  Yesterday, I
>tracked the problem down to powerd's Adaptive mode causing the hard
>hang.

I reported exactly the same problem in mid-February on -amd64 with my
HP nx6125.  I found that it was random but could be triggered by
changing the CPU clock using either cpufreq or raw ACPI frequency
control.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution.  I've taken to manually
adjusting dev.cpu.0.freq based on what I'm doing and have only had
a single hang in the past four months.

--
Peter Jeremy