'make release' questions...

Andrew Li andrew.li at ac3.com.au
Thu Jun 15 00:30:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:18:00PM -0700, Peter Losher wrote:

> First, is there any way to instruct 'make release' to just build certain
> packages (and their dependencies) for inclusion in the release instead
> of a blanket NOPORTS?  There's no need for us spend two/three days

>From my experience with playing with make release, you can do it.
First build your packages with "make package" or "pkg_create" to get a
package tarball. Then put the packages into your_path/release/R/cdrom/disc1
into a directory call "packages". Create the package directory structure,
like packages/All, packages/your_package_category, ... After that, modify
the INDEX file so it only contain your packages (plus dependencies). Then
run mkisomages.sh to create your ISO.

> Second, is there a way to build/tell sysinstall that if NO_OPENSSH is
> set, that it doesn't ask you whether you want to enable SSH logins?

I don't think you can, but check the source to comfirm.

That's all from memory, may contain rough edges, hope it helps anyway.

Andrew