How can I know which files a proccess is accessing?

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 19:51:37 UTC 2006

Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jun 09), Ulrich Spoerlein said:
> > Sadly, ktrace(1) seems to be rather useless in RELENG_6 right now.
> > Every medium sized app will result in an "out of ktrace objects"
> > error. I remember that some improvements to ktrace(1) went into
> > -CURRENT. Time for an MFC?
>
> Just raise the kern.ktrace.request_pool sysctl; 4096 works for me.

Heh, I didn't know that sysctl existed. Why is the default value (100)
so low? I set it to 4096, but it only survives three seconds when
running 'ktrace find ~'

Anyway, next time I need ktrace, I'll remember to bump the pool size.
Thanks!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD