System reset trying to configure Sybase server (databases/sybase_ase)

Fri Jun 9 12:20:32 UTC 2006

Quoting Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com> (from Thu, 8 Jun
2006 23:20:35 -0400):

> It does not try to make a kernel dump (dumpdev configured), it does not log
> anything in the last second (log messages sent to another system). Just a
> very quick system reset... And I saw it happen 4 times already -- in the same
> place.
>
> The Sybase binaries are 32-bit Linux, but they run as a non-privileged user
> ``sybase'' (created by the port).

This sounds like the /famous/ "this software isn't branded correctly"
bug. Please check that every binary executable, specially every static
one, is branded with brandelf to "Linux".

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen