Dual Opteron system will not run SMP

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Jun 8 17:09:25 UTC 2006

> You are right about what the suspect devices are, having IOAPICs
> unrecognized seems like it could be a problem.

Yes, though all my other SMp systems have 'none' as the driver for
ddevices of class interrupt.

> When you say others are using such systems, do you mean they are
> using them with FreeBSD RELEASE?

Yup, the very same motherboard - since 5.4 apparently.

> Fraid I can't be too much help beyond that, hope it gets you headed
> in a direction you need anyway.

Thanks for the davice so far though - I am wondering if I might have
a faulty motherboard actualy. Plan B (sell the pair on ebay and buy
a single faster one) looks more appealing than messing with it any more
right now though.

cheers,

-pete.