Gateway

SigmaX asdf fydernix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 23:00:40 UTC 2006

I'm trying to setup a gateway/firewall on my network in a similar setup to
that shown in the in the handbook diagram at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-natd.html.
I've followed what I can figure out, adding the following to my /etc/rc.conf

gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="OPEN"
natd_enabl="YES"
natd_interface="rl0"

My understanding is that in FreeBSD 6 it's not necessary to recompile a
kernal with IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT, but appropriate modules will be loaded
automatically.

That said, the NAT and gateway stuff doesn't seem to be working properly,
leastwise not when I try to connect from my Ubuntu Linux client (See thread
here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224843)

What all am I supposed to do to setup this gateway?

SigmaX