iwi(4) in RELENG_6

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu Jul 27 20:45:08 UTC 2006

[Please don't top-post]

On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:01, Don Wilde wrote:
> Yes, I have. I just did another CVSup, and when I recompiled -kmod it did
> indeed put a bunch of .ko files in /build/modules, but a) I still get a
> whole bunch of Can't load firmware complaints, and b) it doesn't work. It
> goes through the DISCOVER process, but doesn't get any offers it
> recognizes. I've tried this both with an open DHCP and also with my
> parameters wired in.
>
> Hardware notes: Dell 6100 Inspiron with 2200G iwi. I have heard from
> another gent who has a 2200G pci card and is having the same problem with
> STABLE.
>
> This all was working two weeks ago.

Just to get the facts straight and assembled in one place:

You are running a somewhat recent RELENG_6, have net/iwi-firmware-kmod
installed and "device iwi" and "options firmware" built into your kernel?

When do you get the "Can't load firmware" messages?  What does kldstat [-v]
say before and after that point?  Can you try "kldload iwi_bss" before and
see if that gets you up and running?

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org