"scan stuck" with if_iwi(4)

Henrik Brix Andersen henrik at brixandersen.dk
Wed Jul 26 14:41:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:01:20PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> The basic problem is your card is losing sync w/ the ap.  I don't know
> what the local conditions are but I've seen this a lot w/ iwi; there's
> nothing we can do in the driver if you want to be able to roam.

Update: this was just fixed in iwi(4) in -CURRENT (by increasing the
beacon miss threshold for the iwi(4) driver from 7 to 10). Should 10
not be enough, it is now also possible to set the beacon miss
threshold using ifconfig.

Thanks to Sam for helping and for applying my patches to
-CURRENT. This functionality should be MFC'd in two weeks.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik at brixandersen.dk>