ath driver transmits frames only after a low watermark is filled

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Jul 21 11:02:13 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:42, Sam Leffler wrote:
> The original posting didn't provide any basic info so there's little
> anyone can provide except wild guesses.  There are debugging mechanisms
> for tracing what's going on at the net80211 layer and in the driver that
> have been referenced countless times in this forum.

I think it could be useful if you could provide clear instructions what you
need exactly.

Even if it was once in a while referenced that there are tools for debugging
there are no instructions how to use them and it is already hard to find them
and then when found there seems to be no readme and no help at all.

So since we are forced to guess how to use them then we are probably forced to
guess results too ...

I am also sure that the actual ath problems do have nothing to do with
powersaving features because they appear also when this features are turned
off on both, the ap and the stations(all).

the last modification regarding the mcast issue definitly made the driver
better and more stable but still it stops transmitting from time to time
without any usefull message and appearently it is related to some kind
broadcast traffic. It is no question of quantity, for example I can run
dhclient gain and again on one machine on the same network and I get an ath
down and up event in messages what then sometimes causes tx to stop until I
do manually ifconfig up. So since I am on my own here I simply block any kind
of broadcast to the AP and the card stands.

But if you could tell me what you exactly need to find out what it is it would
be easy for me to help because I have lots of this setups running.

--

João