burncd blank and format problems

B Briggs rcbdyndns at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 15 20:54:22 UTC 2006

Sorry to have to bring this up again, seems like it was an issue 4 years
ago, but I don't know if it's really resolved.

If I do:
#burncd -f /dev/acd0 blank
then burncd will sleep forever.
(I have to Ctrl-C for it to exit)
It doesn't really  hang, but please read this:

(I looked at the source code, the only thing I could figure that
CDRIOCPROGRESS is ALWAYS returning 0. Inside a while(1), that will never
break;

Same results with erase instead of blank.

On that pr (44803), user says blank worked, however, even when I Ctl-C
and break after a while, any data that I write on the disk is invalid: I
mean that if I copy it, it will not pass diff.

Now this could be a problem with my DRD-RW device, but all of the other
ports work with it.

So is this my configuration problem? I doubt it, since the usr/ports
stuff work ok (cdrecord, growifofs, cdrdao...)  I've spent a lot of time
on burncd, and it just doesn't work for me.

I'm on FreeBSD 6.1R, Pioneer DVD:

cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109 1.50> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 66.000MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [115847 x 2048 byte records]

If you need any more config data, let me know.

--
Bo Briggs