iwi(4) in RELENG_6

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Jul 11 13:18:20 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 15:04, Michael Butler wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
> | net/iwi-firmware-kmod, but it needs to be updated to the new
> | __FreeBSD_version
> | Right now it will tell you that you need iwi-firmware instead, which is
> | wrong.
>
> Once the updates have been merged, is this the right place to start with
> adding 3945ABG? I have u-code but haven't had time enough to look at the
> driver to date .. I'd really like to get my (dual-core) T-2400 Toshiba
> "on the air" ;-)

The 3945ABG is a completely different kind of animal and needs a separate
driver.  There is one in OpenBSD called wpi(4), but I'm unaware of the state
of that undertaking.  From what I hear, ndis doesn't work for those cards
either, but it might make sense to confirm that and possibly look into fixing
ndis-support as a first line of support.

I don't have 3945ABG hardware.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org