MySQL and default memory limits (mysqld: Out of memory)

Andras Got andrej at antiszoc.hu
Mon Jul 10 16:13:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

IMHO on servers 2G is common these these days, and 4G will be common very soon. As people use the
websites and the internet more, the needed resources are growing fast. This 512MB will be soon
revised imho. :)

For example I run a little hosting server for my company and 2 years ago a 2,4Ghz xeon was more than
enough. This year I had to replace that machine with an X2100 with 2G RAM because of the customer
needs. The number of the pages hadn't grown significally, just the number of served pages and of
course the mysql databases.

Andras