6.1 quota issues

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat Jul 8 08:51:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 10:56:47PM -0400 I heard the voice of
Charles Sprickman, and lo! it spake thus:

> Trying again, it reported the same inconsistencies then sat there
> for more than an hour taking up all the available CPU on the box
> until I killed it.  The mtime on quota.user had not changed during
> the run.

FWIW, I saw this on a box I setup running a late November -CURRENT
last year; I could never get the quotas setup and running right
because the check always just looped itself up.  The partition they're
on has about 3 gig used out of ~45, with maybe a dozen users.  I never
spent much time on it, since it's just a personal box, and the quotas
are mostly just to provide a handy measure of who's using what (no
limits set).  I just gave it up and decided to worry about it later.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net