nsswitch.conf problem with group status code

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Fri Jul 7 16:18:07 UTC 2006

Hi, list.

I use mixed (master.passwd + ldap) authorization.
I have a problem -- when network unreacheble, local users can't login
to system.
After investigation, I find reason -- timeouts, when resolver try
return ldap server IP.

I add to /etc/nsswitch.conf:
group: files [success=return notfound=continue unavail=continue tryagain=continue] ldap
passwd: files [success=return notfound=continue unavail=continue tryagain=continue] ldap

and add in /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf
debug 257

After that, I run
id root
I find, what success=return don't work for group -- we trying
connecting to ldap server and get extended grouplist.

Why my status code setup ignoring?

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia