graid3 rebuild panic: mb_dtor_pack: ext_size != MCLBYTES

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 7 14:16:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Bradley W. Dutton wrote:

> I get the below panic when rebuilding a graid3 array. Is this indicative of
> a hardware or software problem? Or is some of the data on my array corrupt
> and I should just rebuild the array? I searched on google and didn't find
> much.
>
> panic: mb_dtor_pack: ext_size != MCLBYTES

As I can't ever remember seeing that panic before, which is compatible with
google's conclusion, it's likely this is a sign of kernel memory corruption.
Whether that is a result of a hardware problem, I can't say.  Is this
reproduceable?  If so, it could be a graid3 memory corruption problem.  I've
CC'd Pawel, the author of graid3.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge