FreeBSD 6.1 Tor issues (Once More, with Feeling)

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Jul 3 09:27:31 UTC 2006

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > It sounds like your serial console server may not know how to map
> > SSH break signals into remote serial break signals.  Try
> > ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER.  Here's the description from NOTES:
> >
> > # Solaris implements a new BREAK which is initiated by a character
> > # sequence CR ~ ^b which is similar to a familiar pattern used on
> > # Sun servers by the Remote Console.
> > options         ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
>
> It took me several attempts to get the character sequence right,
> but yes, this one works. Thanks.

Unfortunately it didn't work while the system was hanging
this morning. I wasn't logged in at the console before the
hang occurred, so it maybe that the terminal server checked
the console for life signs, found none and did neither
connect nor print a warning (wild guess I have no idea
if it does that).

It could also mean that I'm seeing the mysterious "power off" part
described in: <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=95180>
but I have no way to tell the difference.

I will stay connected to the console until the system hangs
again to see if it changes anything.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/