NFS Locking Issue

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 04:59:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:50:11AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Kostik Belousov writes:
> >Since nobody except you experience that problems (at least, only you
> >notified
> >about the problem existence)
>
> Did you miss the part of:
>
> >User Freebsd writes:
> >>Since there are several of us experiencing what looks to be the same sort
> >>of deadlock issue, I beseech you not to give up
>
> I am not the only one reporting or having the issue.
I think you have different issues.

> >Is this for intr mounts?
>
> "intr" ?
Mount option that allows to interrupt nfs operation by signal.
See mount_nfs(8). BTW, I had the impression that this feature not working
was one of your problem.

> >improved handling of signals in nfs client. If you could test it, that
> >would be useful.
>
> Does it matter if the OS is i386 or am64?
> Have an amd64 machine I can more easily play with... with no risk to
> production.
No, this shall be applicable to any arch. Except that the patches are several
month old, and were developed against CURRENT. But I think that it is
applicable to STABLE.