Which FreeBSD is the most stable for Dell PowerEdge 2850

Jim Keller freebsd at contexthosting.net
Sat Jul 1 01:09:08 UTC 2006

Hi Dan,
   It's usually best to go with the current production release. As
such, I would recommend going with the latest release of FreeBSD 6.
FreeBSD 5 is now a legacy release, so support for it will probably
start to fall off sooner rather than later. Also, as I understand it,
version 5 was plagued with various problems that are not present in 6.
Finally mySQL runs very well on FreeBSD 6, due to the new filesystem
and updated threading libraries.

-Jim Keller
http://www.contexthosting.net