Linksys WPC54g v4, NDIS, & Kernel Panics

Bill Paul wpaul at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Jan 30 14:53:06 PST 2006

> Oh, and I should have said, this is an IBM A20m laptop and I'm running
> 6.0-Release.
> Thanks
> Dan Beckett

There is a LOT more you should have said.

- You didn't say what chipset this chip has. No, "Linksys WPC54g v4"
  isn't enough to figure it out. You should do pciconf -lv with the
  card plugged in and show us the result.

- You didn't show the dmesg output from when the card is plugged in.

- You didn't show what commands you typed to "set an SSID under iconfig,"
  or for your attempts to "set wither WEP or WPA-PSK keys."

- If your panic info is accurate, you're using smbfs. Have you tried
  _NOT_ using smbfs to see what happens?

Remember, we're not there to look over your shoulder: you have to
_show_ us what you're doing, not summarize.

People, I'm getting tired of always having to ask for this basic
information. The more I have to ask, the more annoyed I get, and the
less inclined I am to help anyone. The shit you don't think is important?
It's important. So spill it already.

-Bill