Using [Open]LDAP for authentication

David F. Severski davidski at deadheaven.com
Sun Jan 29 08:20:10 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:57:28PM +0100, Dominique Goncalves wrote:
> > After some tests, using nss_ldap-1.389 instead of nss_ldap-1.444 seems
> > to solve hangs at startup and when slapd is down.
> >
> > Can you try nss_ldap-1.389 thanks to portdowngrade if these hangs are
> > still here ?
>
> Sorry, I mean nss_ldap-1.239 and nss_ldap-1.244.

Success!  I just downgraded to nss_ldap-1.239 and was able to warm boot past
slapd in approx. 35 seconds.  Thanks for the tip on both nss_ldap and
portdowngrade (a nifty port, that one).  Googling around, I don't see
any notes that PADL has acknowledged any bugs w/v1.244 and this startup
issue.  Do you know if this is a known issue or if anyone from PADL is
working on this?

David