if_iwi problem

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Jan 28 10:26:14 PST 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 19:12, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> I will try this. Your efforts are appreciated.
> Does the license really allow you to include the firmware into the driver?

I don't include it in the driver.  It's in a module of it's own.  In
production these modules will come from ports and should be installed
in /boot/modules - not problem whatsoever.  As far as I read the license it
might even be possible to have it on installation CDs.  I am not a lawyer and
will thus leave that for others to discuss.  As far as this tarball is
concerned.  I have the LICENSE in the same location as the firmware so I do
what it asks for.  Please tell me if I'm mistaken.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org