Hi all.. Novice user having woes getting Atheros card up in FreeBSD 6.0

resonant evil air.lightz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 11:43:20 PST 2006

Hi guys

Here is where I am at now.

Before we start, heres a DETAILED link to my exact wireless card:
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?products_id=279

A nice guy named Eric from Germany e-mailed me with some information,
saying to check out this website:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2005-October/007243.html

He thought that maybe the fix for his card might work for mine, but it
doesn't appear to have.. Here is exactly what I did

I copied that source code from
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8966525 for the
'ar5k.c' file and compiled it.
I then went to /usr/src/sys/dev/dev/ath and edited the 'if_ath.c'
file.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I was just supposed to change that
one line of 'return EINVAL' to 'return 0' right?
So I did that, saved it, and re-compiled the kernel fully, installed
it, and rebooted, but I don't see even the slightest bit of info about
the card still when the system boots up, and I definitely don't have
an ath0 device still.  Is there something like an 'lspci' command in
Linux where I can get all the information from the card by probing it
or whatever?  FreeBSD can't detect this thing for the life of it :(

Did I do anything wrong in those instructions?
Is there anything I can do?

Thanks :(