xorg-server 6.9.0 won't build on 4.11-stable

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Jan 26 07:30:06 PST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:26:20 +1100
Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-Jan-25 13:23:52 +0000, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:29:20 +1100
> >Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
> >> 	Or I suspect you can get away with just using gcc33 which
> >> 	has va_copy() builtin.
> >
> >	Hmm I have gcc34 courtesy of some other ports build dependency,
> >so I suppose I could add a USE_GCC=3.4 to the Makefile.
> >
> >	Would it be a good idea to add this to all the xorg-6.9 Makefiles ?
>
> Looking at bsd.gcc.mk, maybe "USE_GCC=3.3+" would be acceptable.  I

	I got it to compile in the end by adding USE_GCC=3.4 in my
make.conf and adding a few #include <sys/types.h> and providing a
stdint.h in /usr/local/include. Only to find that the mouse pointer
vanishing to the left and staying there still happened - but it took
longer (that may be a coincidence).

	I've fallen back to 6.8.2 as I really haven't the time to try
and trace something as strange as that little gem.