xorg-server 6.9.0 won't build on 4.11-stable

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Jan 25 13:20:57 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-Jan-25 13:23:52 +0000, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:29:20 +1100
>Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
>> 	Or I suspect you can get away with just using gcc33 which
>> 	has va_copy() builtin.
>
>	Hmm I have gcc34 courtesy of some other ports build dependency,
>so I suppose I could add a USE_GCC=3.4 to the Makefile.
>
>	Would it be a good idea to add this to all the xorg-6.9 Makefiles ?

Looking at bsd.gcc.mk, maybe "USE_GCC=3.3+" would be acceptable.  I
find ports that depend on specific version of gcc annoying - it's
not especially fast to build and having multiple versions lying
around starts to eat disk space.

>	As an aside running a 6.8.2 server on top of 6.9 libraries produces
>an interesting effect - after a few minutes the mouse pointer dives to the
>left side of the screen and then will only move vertically.

I don't think that should happen, though I doubt that combination is
officially supported.

--
Peter Jeremy