need help for DSDT for an Epox Amd64 MB

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Mon Jan 23 03:00:33 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:21:28PM -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
> JoaoBR wrote:
> >I have some Epox socket 939 motherboards, nvidia3 with AMD Athlon 64 and
> >some X2
> >They give me a very good performance but sporadic reboots without core
> >dumps or any other advices so I guess there is some sudden irq conflict or
> >so
> >
> >I get nothing usefull by vmstat. I mount the same Nics, adaptec, mem and
> >processor on an Asus A8V and it runs wothout any problem stable.
> >
> >btw I am running releng_6
>
> If disabling acpi doesn't solve the problem, then it's probably not acpi.
>
> >I downloaded the acpi table and iasl shows me this
> >
> >epox.asl  2575:                 Name (_HID, "_NVRAIDBUS")
> >Error    1068 -   String must be entirely alphanumeric ^  (_NVRAIDBUS)
> >
> >Is here somebody how like to try to help me out here? You can get the
> >files here:
> >
> >http://suporte.matik.com.br/epox.dsl
> >http://suporte.matik.com.br/epox.dmesg
>
> You could get rid of the "_" anywhere NVRAIDBUS occurs.  But this should
> have nothing to do with causing resets.

IIRC it is an error to put non-alphanumeric onto an _HID node, but
ACPI-CA interpreter is able to handle this situation.  IOW iasl will
give up if such error is done and is to compiling such ASL, but the
in-kernel AML interpreter should interprete such things correctly.

If the ASL contains only this error, it won't help the OP to override
the DSDT.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.