kernel compile and tripwire alerts...

Nick Martens nick80 at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 13 10:23:10 PST 2006

Hi,
most likely you were indeed l33t h4x0r3d, a kernel upgrade should not touch
your ftp binary.
you can try chkrootkit and/or rkhunter from the ports collection to verify
this. Also chkrootkit may in my experience sometime give a false positive but
it has been a while since I used it. I have never tried rkhunter.
Good luck.