Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006 )

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jan 12 02:47:33 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:15, Jo Rhett wrote:
> Before we plan the invasion of Iraq, how about an agreement on what we're
> trying to accomplish?  Like I said, this topic has always been killed
> because "non-newbies can run make buildworld".  So if it's going to get
> shot down quickly then why bother?

You are still fundamentally misunderstanding how FreeBSD works..

You have at least one committer you've said wants to do this, what more do you
need?

> I've tried to make the point clear, and ignore the insults and try to keep
> on topic... but it's pretty much a lost point already.  Everyone loves to
> say "you're an idiot" or "your ideas [taken out of context] are wrong" etc
> and such forth.

I think people disagreeing with you is perfectly acceptable.. Calling you an
idiot is no, but it seems to be fairly rare (even in this thread)
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum