SUMMARY: Fast releases demand binary updates..

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jan 12 02:27:34 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:38, Jo Rhett wrote:
> 20-something people telling me that my shorthand for -core proves that I'm
> an idiot.  It wasn't the topic, and it doesn't change the real question one
> bit, but it's a great chance for everyone to call me an idiot.

Am I in this category?

I wonder..
Anyway..

Your use of nomenclature not matching that of the rest of the community is a
sure fire way to be misunderstood and brushed off.

Yes, people shouldn't just ignore you because you used the wrong name, but
since those people are very busy they are guessing you are probably just a
troll, or clueless.. This sort of attitude is necessary otherwise you'd waste
heaps of time dealing with clueless people or trolls.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum