recent rc changes

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Tue Jan 10 11:19:52 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:34:16AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Charles Sprickman wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I recently made the jump to -stable from 6.0 on a box that I'm looking
> >to bring into production as soon as 6.1 hits.  Everything seems fine so
> >far but for one issue that I am guessing is related to the rc changes in
> >-stable.
>
> For rc.conf in the jails, try changing the value of early_late_divider to
> NETWORKING and let us know if that fixes it for you. Someone else has
> tested that solution successfully, and I'm behind on adding that hint to
> the rc man page.

You definitly have to change things somehow in the jail case because
local scripts won't run until after early_late_divider shows up on the
list and in the jail case, the default never shows up.  Possible
solutions include:

  - Remove nojail from mountcrit* (should be harmless unless there's a
    bogus fstab installed).
  - Add some magic to /etc/defaults/rc.conf to set early_late_divider
    appropriatly in the jail case.
  - Put the split code in rcorder controlled by upto and after flags.

-- Brooks