devd and caseful device ID matching on 6.0

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jan 7 22:22:18 PST 2006

In message: <43C0A206.6020103 at in-addr.com>
            Gary Palmer <gjp at in-addr.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: >This works.  However, matches should already be case insensitive.  If
: >they aren't, then I need to investigate why not.
: >
: >
:
: My reading of regex(3) says that the reg_comp at line 173 of devd.cc
: needs to add the REG_ICASE flag.  i.e.
:
:         regcomp(&_regex, _re.c_str(), REG_EXTENDED | REG_NOSUB | REG_ICASE);
:
: Testing seeems to show that adding that flag makes "match" case-insensitive.

I found the same thing here, and committed a fix.  Thanks!  I'm still
pondering equals.  I'd like to have some way to specify masks with it,
ideally, but maybe what you submitted is better enough to run with
it.  As Sam mentioned, he made very similar suggestions a while ago.

Warner