devd and caseful device ID matching on 6.0

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jan 7 21:16:27 PST 2006

In message: <43C09F08.1080707 at freebsd.org>
            Gary Palmer <gpalmer at freebsd.org> writes:
: Sam Leffler wrote:
:
: > At one point I added shorthand logic in devd for things like vendor,
: > device, subvendor, etc. that did numeric comparisons instead of
: > regex's.  It might be worthwhile to extend the grammar to have a
: > numeric match operator.
:
:
: Something like the attached patch?  It seems to work in my test case,
: although I'm pretty sure its not as defensive as it could be against bad
: inputs.
:
: (note: The patch is against 6.0-STABLE, not head)

This works.  However, matches should already be case insensitive.  If
they aren't, then I need to investigate why not.

Warner