ucom.ko and palm pilot m500

Carsten Wald carsten at betaversion.net
Fri Jan 6 10:57:51 PST 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 17:51, Gleb Kozyrev wrote:

> man uvisor

Great!  Thank you.  That's what I needed! -- uvisor.ko apparently uses ucom.ko
and the ucom0 device I looked for is (temporarily) created.  However, after
pressing the sync button the pilot can then be accessed through
the /dev/ttyU0 device.

Since I didn't find this information at kpilot.org or pilot-link.org or
whatsoever (although they oftern refer to FreeBSD) and somebody else might
have the same problem ... here is what I did:

1. Load the proper kernel modules.  Among others this is uvisor.ko.

	$ kldload /boot/kernel/uvisor.ko

   (In addition, I configured this in /boot/loader.conf)

2. Configure /etc/usbd.conf in such a way, that the permissions of the proper
device will be set when it appears after pressing the HotSync button.  This
is /dev/ttyU0 in my case.

I just synced as a normal user and it works.

--
bye
  Carsten